Search This Blog

Thursday 19 November 2020

Amanita muscaria on LLanllywni Mountain.

 

Amanita muscaria (Fly Agaric).

 
 
 There is a small area on Llanllywni mountain that always gives a good display of Amanita muscaria (Fly Agaric). It is at the edge of a conifer plantation. The first photo was from last year when I visited around the middle of October. Left it a bit late going this year and it looked as if the best display was over - had to balance a few caps on their stems to get pictures. 
 
 
 
 

  
Amanita muscaria (Fly Agaric)
 
 
 
 
Also nearby was a forestry wood-chip pile containing a crowd of these brown mushrooms. I assumed that Google would give a pretty easy identity and so didn't spend too much time as it was on the side of the road.  I wished now I had a checked the roots and taken a couple more to sample, as I still have no real idea. I assume an Agrocybe species of some sort but any ideas??

No comments:

Post a Comment